Let’s face it. Appliances break, and when they do, you need reliable, affordable help to get your appliances running like new again. Slidell Appliance Repair is a fully licensed and insured appliance repair service serving Slidell, La. and the surrounding areas. Slidell Appliance Repair uses only high quality, factory approved parts for its repairs, and it offers a staff who is helpful and friendly and who will work quickly to service your appliances. Slidell Appliance Repair specializes in both major and small appliance repair.
affordable help to get your appliances running like new again. Slidell Appliance Repair is a fully licensed and insured appliance repair service serving Slidell, La. and the surrounding areas. Slidell Appliance Repair uses only high quality, factory approved parts for its repairs, and it offers a staff who is helpful and friendly and who will work quickly to service your appliances. Slidell Appliance Repair specializes in both major and small appliance repair.
Many times, homeowners neglect the signs that their refrigerator is not working to its optimal level. Here are some ways that homeowners can do preventative maintenance on their refrigerators:
- Check that your refrigerator is kept somewhere between 37-40 degrees Fahrenheit. Keeping your refrigerator at the optimal temperature level will lower your energy bill and help your refrigerator to last longer because it will not have to work so hard. Also, this temperature will keep the contents of your refrigerator from spoiling prematurely.
- Clean the coils. If you need help doing this, do not hesitate to call Slidell Appliance Repair. We are in the business of preventative maintenance as well and will help you with this process. Making sure the coils of your refrigerator are clean will help to improve the lifespan of your refrigerator.
- Maintain and repair the seals around your refrigerator doors. You do not want all of that cool air escaping from your refrigerator, costing you money and making your refrigerator work unnecessarily hard. If you find that the seals are in disrepair, and you don’t know what to do, call us.
Not only will our technicians help you with preventative maintenance, we will also help with major refrigerator repairs such as changing or repairing the electronic control board, unclogging the water valve, and changing and regulating the thermostat. Slidell Appliance Repair has specialists who are experts in all major appliance brands including Kenmore, Electrolux, Fisher & Paykel, Frigidaire, Whirlpool, Sub-Zero, Wolf, GE, KitchenAid, and Maytag.
Washer and Dryer Repair
Washers and dryers are such important devices in the home, but homeowners often neglect to provide the preventative maintenance needed to keep these appliances in working order. Here are some ways that you can help to keep your washer and dryer working for years to come:
- Inspect your hoses each month. Check for cracks or bulges that may indicate that you have a problem.
- Wash your washer. That is right! Every month or so, turn on that hot cycle and pour in two cups of white vinegar. In the middle of the cycle, put about half of the amount of detergent that you would normally use. This will give your washing machine a thorough cleaning and help it to work to its optimal level.
- Clean the doors and exteriors of the washer as well as the gasket, drum, and dispensers and leave the washing machine door open after you have finished your laundry to cut down on smells that can seep into your laundry. And try not to leave your laundry sitting in the washing machine after the cycle is completed. This can cause mildew to develop in the parts of your machine.
In spite of your best efforts, you may find you are in need of our services to help repair your washing machine. If your washing machine will not switch on, your washing machine does not spin as it should or leaves a residue when the cycle is over, it leaks or doesn’t drain properly, or it vibrates excessively while in the middle of a load, you should call us today. Slidell Appliance Repair specializes in hose replacement and repair as well as getting rid of clogs; motor, motor belt, and pump pulley replacement or repair; and rebalancing and recalibrating the machine to stop from excessive vibration. Our team of experts can fix any major brand of washing machine with factory issued parts at an affordable price.
- Clean lint from the filter after every load. Once a year, disconnect the exhaust duct and clean it out and remove any lint from the heater box.
- Make sure that the door seal is in good working condition and is not loosened, damaged, or worn. If you see signs that this ha happened, call Slidell Appliance Repair for assistance.
- Check that the outdoor weather hood to make sure that it is in proper working order. If it is not, it can cause damage to your dryer over time.
And please call Slidell Appliance Repair immediately if you think your dryer is overheating, if your clothes have a burning smell when they come out of the dryer, or if you see smoke when you turn on the dryer. All of these are signs of serious issues that we can help you fix. Slidell Appliance Repair specializes in replacing damages belts and hardware, clearing out